What is Financial Aid (2024)

Skip to content

What is Financial Aid (2)

  • Home
  • Paying For WC
  • What is Financial Aid

Financial aid is assistance to help a student further their education. Weatherford College is dedicated to the idea that no student wishing to pursue a college education should be denied that opportunity. In determining the need for financial assistance, the Financial Aid Office is guided by its estimate of each student.

Financial aid consists of several components:

Most grants are ‘free money ’ that can be used toward educational expenses. You must complete a Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility. As long as you go to school and complete your classes, it does not need to be paid back.

Read More About Grants

Federal Pell Grant

Federally funded grant program awarded based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA. Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a Bachelor's or professional degree. Award amounts range from $384 to $3698 per semester for 2023-24 year based on 12 hrs or more. You do not have to be enrolled full time to receive a Federal Pell Grant. If you qualify, the Pell Grant will pro-rate down if you enroll in less than 12 semester hours. This does not have to be repaid as long as you attend your classes.

Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU)

Students have a Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) limit on Pell Grants. You can receive up to 600% of full time equivalent of pell; this is 6 years of fall & spring semesters at full time status. You can find more information on LEU at StudentAid.gov.


If you are a foreign student or non-citizen, you may be eligible to be classified as a Texas resident for tuition purposes. If so, you may also be eligible to receive state financial aid. You can contact the Financial Aid Officefor more information.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

The SEOG is a grant for undergraduates with exceptional financial need: that is, students with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The amount ranges from $250 to $1000 per semester.

Texas Education Opportunity Grant (TEOG)

The Texas Educational Opportunity Grant is a supplemental grant established by Texas Legislature to assist needy Texas residents who are pursuing a degree or certificate at the community college level. Students who have completed 30 hours or more are not eligible for this grant. You must have completed the minimum program in high school.

Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG)

State grant program that is generally for students who do not qualify for the Pell Grant or SEOG. The award will range from $14 to $2000 per semester based on half-time enrollment.

Dual Enrollment Grant (DEG)

The Dual Enrollment Grant has been established at WC to assist eligible high school students enrolled in dual credit classes with a portion of their tuition amount. It is for academic dual credit classes only and may cover up to 6-hours of tuition for dual credit academic classes. Please see the Dual Enrollment Grant FAQs for more information.


What is DEG?

DEG is Dual Enrollment Grant. It can help a dual credit student with tuition up to 6-hours per term for academic dual credit classes during Fall and/or Spring terms.

How can I receive DEG?

You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the school year you will be taking dual credit classes. For example, you will complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA if you plan to attend Fall 2023 and/or Spring 2024.

How early can I complete the FAFSA?

FAFSA opens up every October 1 for the following academic year. For example, the 2023-2024 FAFSA for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 opened October 1, 2022. 2024-25 FAFSA will open in December 2023. For Fall 2024 and Spring 2025, the 2024-25 FAFSA will open sometime in December 2023.

What will DEG pay?

If you are eligible, DEG can cover up to 6-hours (per semester) of tuition and enrichment fees only, no fees, and no books. If you take more than 6 hours of academic dual credit classes, you will have to pay for tuition over 6-hours by another means.

I am only taking 3 hours of dual credit academic courses. Will I still receive DEG for 6 hours?

DEG can cover up to 6-hours tuition. If you take less than 6 hours (per semester), DEG will adjust down to the amount of tuition for the hours you take.

Are private school or home school dual credit students eligible to receive DEG?

If your private school has a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreement with WC, you may be eligible for DEG. You can check with your high school counselor if you are unsure. However, if your private school does not have a signed MOU on file, you are not eligible. Homeschool students are not eligible.

I am not a U.S. Citizen; can I receive DEG?

If you are classified as a Texas resident but would not be eligible to apply for the FAFSA based on citizenship, you may be able to complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFAA). You should contact the Financial Aid Office for more information: 817-598-6295 or by email.

What if I am taking technical classes (WECM-Workforce Education Course Manual) such as but not limited to Automotive, Welding, Cosmetology, etc. Will DEG pay for these?

Yes, up to a 6-hour cost of tuition and enrichment fees only. No refunds are given.

If I am eligible for DEG, am I guaranteed to receive it?

DEG funds are first-come, first-served. If the funds run out, even if you are eligible, you will not receive DEG. You also must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for DEG as well. To maintain satisfactory academic progress, you must maintain a 2.0 cumulative financial aid GPA, maintain at least a 67% pace of completion, and not exceed a maximum number of hours based on your degree/certificate. For more details on SAP, visit our SAP page

Will DEG refund to me if I have paid out-of-pocket?

If you are eligible based on your completed FAFSA, you are maintaining SAP, and there are funds remaining, you may be able to receive a refund.

Will DEG pay toward any fees (lab fees, parking fees, etc.), books, or supplies?

DEG covers tuition and enrichment fees only up to 6-hours for academic dual credit classes. The student
is responsible for any tuition above 6-hours as well as for fees, books, and supplies.

How can I know what my status is for DEG processing?

  • Once you submit the FAFSA, you should watch your WC student email as well as yourCoyote Connect. It will take approximately one to two weeks for WC to receive your FAFSA after you have submitted it. You will be able to see when your FAFSA is received at WC, if any verification documentation is needed, and if you have been awarded.

What is verification?

  • If you are selected for verification, you may have to provide verification documentation. You can find what is needed at WC Aid Verification. Most of the documentation needed can be completed online or uploaded in the WC Aid Verification site. There is an instruction sheet at the above link for accessing the WC Aid Verification site.

Can my parent call Financial Aid and receive information concerning my DEG or FAFSA?

The parent of the Dual Credit student calling must be on the student’s FAFSA and must have certain information in order to obtain any financial aid information on the student.

Do I have a deadline to complete the process of my FAFSA to be considered for DEG?

There are priority deadlines in which if we receive your completed FAFSA and any required documentation by that date, your DEG will be processed before payment is due. However, you may still be able to receive DEG if you are otherwise eligible after that deadline. It will depend on your eligibility and if funds remain. Fall priority deadline is June 21 and Spring priority deadline is November 18.

Can I still receive DEG even if I receive another exemption or other assistance?

Exemptions and other outside sources normally cover tuition so if you have an exemption, you will not receive DEG. These exemptions or other sources can include, but are not limited to, blind, deaf, adoption, foster care, Texas Tomorrow, Texas Promise, Hazlewood, etc.

What if my ISD wants to help with charges?

If your ISD sends a voucher to WC, it will pay after DEG. It may be able to pay for fees while DEG only covers tuition up to 6-hours.

FAFSA looks at 2 years-prior income information. What if my family income is different now?

You should contact the Financial Aid Office to see if special considerations can be made. Special processing will not be reviewed during January, July, or August.

Will I need to complete a new FAFSA every year for DEG?

Yes, as long you want to apply for DEG. You will also need to complete the appropriate FAFSA if you will be attending college after you graduate high school. New FAFSAs will usually open every October 1.

Will DEG cover summer classes?

DEG is for dual credit academic classes. There are no high school classes during the summer so DEG is for fall and spring terms only.

Can I receive any other federal or state grants or student loans while still in high school?

You must be a high school graduate or complete a GED in order to receive other types of federal or state aid. DEG is a special funding through WC for dual credit students only.

How should students answer the questions about High school completion?

As “None of the Above”

How should the student complete the “Grade level in College”?

You have two options: Never attended college and 1styear undergraduateORAttended college before and 1styear undergraduate. Either one is fine. Once you become an official college student, then you will need to be as accurate as possible.

Will this affect future financial aid?

If you fail to maintain satisfactory academic progress, you may not be eligible for future financial aid.

What if a student does not meet the 3-year residency requirement for TASFA?

You are not eligible due to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board requirement for this grant money.

Work Study

Work study is funds earned as you work around your classes on-campus; you must be eligible based on the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid ( FAFSA).

Read More About Work Study

Work Study Programs

The Federal and State College Work Study Programs provide on-campus, part-time employment for U.S. citizens, permanent residents and certain other non-citizens who are enrolled and have a demonstrated financial need.

  • The maximum amount a recipient may earn under this program is determined through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students employed under this program are paid at least minimum wage and may work up to a set maximum number of hours per week (depending upon work study funding, financial aid award and class schedule)
  • Funds are distributed on a bi-weekly payroll basis
  • Students may visit the Financial Aid Office to verify eligibility
  • Supervisors and students are encouraged to work together to monitor earnings and avoid exceeding the award

To Determine Eligibility

  • You must have financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
  • You must be enrolled in a minimum of one payable 3-credit hour class
  • You must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.

How to Apply

  1. Complete the 2023-24 (Fall 2023, Spring & Summer 2024) Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility into the Federal and State Work Study program.
  2. Complete anEmployment Application. When completing the application please enter the Weatherford College site(Weatherford, Wise County) of where you would like to work in the “Employment Information” along with any other information you would like considered.
  3. Contact any of the supervisors with job openings to schedule an interview. Once you have accepted a position, the supervisor needs to email Rayanne Hukillwith your name and Student ID #.
  4. Keep an eye on your student email for further instructions if you are eligible.

Once You are Hired

  1. You will be sent an email containing the Criminal Background Release Form that you will need to sign and return to the Financial Aid Office or to the Human Resources Department.
  2. After a clear background is received, you will be sent an email with instructions to access the required online Work Study Orientation.
  3. Once you have completed the orientation, you will be sent an email with a Work Study Approval form and a New Hire Package to complete and to take to Human Resources. After you have the Work Study Approval Form signed by Human Resources, you will return it to the Financial Aid Office for the next step, before taking it to your supervisor. Only after a completed Work Study Approval Form has all signatures will you be cleared to begin working.
  4. Returningwork study students should notify their supervisor of their continued interest in the work study program.
  5. For more information on work study, please contact the Financial Aid Office or email Rayanne Hukill

Work Study Positions

WC has the following work study positions available. Check back regularly for updates.

Beginning March 19, 2024 $15/hr and the maximum number of hours that can be worked is 19 hours / week, but see position requirements.

Ag Department
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week

Vance Christie



Duties: Feed livestock, mow, fix fencing, paint, clean, general upkeep of agriculture properties

America Reads
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week

Rayanne Hukill

Laura McBride/WCWC




Duties: Working in elementary schools with K-3rd grade students in reading

Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week

Keri Waller



Duties: Work Gym front desk & basic clerical duties.

Behavioral Science
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week

Romney Landis



Duties: Copying, shredding, updating bulletin boards, assisting with department conferences, and other duties as needed.

Biology/Life Science
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN David Daniel 6491 19

Duties: Assist with lab preparations and clean-up, glassware cleaning, storage and cleaning of anatomic models, projects assigned by faculty members, some clerical duties as needed.

Coyote Care Center
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Aimee Schwartz-Jarrett 6245 19

Duties: Answering phone calls, monitoring the use of the calm room, setting appointments, make copies, prepare handouts fro events, other duties as assigned.

Education & Instructional Support
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Donna Cox 6278 19

Duties: Work the front counter by greeting students and assisting with sign-ins, filing, general cleaning duties, copying and other tasks as needed.

Financial Aid Office
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Bailey Brock 8832 19

Duties: General clerical duties, scanning, open/separate mail, make copies, assist with financial aid forms, help with student traffic and phone calls, other duties as assigned.

Health & Human Services
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Tammi White 6217 19

Duties: Copying, filing, data entry, mail-outs, creating packets, organizing stock room, shredding.

Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Valorie Starr 6252 19

Duties: Shelving books and audio-visual materials; assisting at Circulation Counter with check-in / check-out of library materials; releasing print jobs and making change; assisting students with minor computer/printing issues; and other projects as assigned. Able to work evenings and/or weekends preferred.

Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Michael Lee 8872 19

Duties: Make copies, sort papers, shred papers, deliver things, office duties.

President's Office
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN 6271 19

Duties: Assisting the President & Exec. Assistant to the President with various office duties around the college campus. Must be professional, detail-oriented, and dress appropriately..

Student Housing
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Jimmy Walker 8874 19

Duties: Greet / direct visitors, check I.D.'s and sign-in visitors, prospective resident tours, typing, filing, answering multi-line phone, monitor / assist residents in computer lab, projects as assigned.

Student Live/Activities
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Grant Mills 8956 19

Duties: Monitor gym activities and game room activities, assist with office tasks (filing, typing, mail-outs, etc.) assist with other duties involved in office of Student Live.

Student Support Services
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Maria Gallegos 6484 19

Duties: Filing; copying; answer phones, print copies for students; sign-in sheets

WC Wise County
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Kim Hutton 3240 19

Duties: General clerical - phone, copying, filing, directing students.

WCWC Associate Degree Nursing
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Bill Palmer 3294 19

Duties: Printing, filing, shredding, stocking lab supplies; Counting new inventory, passing out program brochures to potential applicants, etc.

WCWC Cosmetology
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Gail Henard 3309 19

Duties: Filing papers, help with inventory, organizing supplies, helping with towels

WCWC Library Research Center
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Kristin McLaughlin/Valorie Starr 3233 19

Duties: Assist the WCWC librarian technician with daily tasks, assist & answer student questions

WCWC Life Sciences
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Kristin McLaughlin 3233 19

Duties:Assist the intructor with lab set ups at WCWC, assist with laundering student work/lab coats

Wise County Workforce Education
Open or Filled Supervisor EXT. Max Hrs/Week
OPEN Tracy Butler 3263 19

Duties: General office / secretarial work, including but not limited to filing, organizing, answering phone, maintain student and employee confidentiality.


Scholarships are funded by foundations, businesses, clubs, etc. An application must be completed to be considered for scholarships.

Read More About Scholarships

Weatherford College Foundation Scholarships

WC scholarships with varying criteria for acceptance.

What is Financial Aid (3)

Since 1978, hundreds of donors have invested in the education of local students with gifts to the Weatherford College Foundation. These scholarships change lives, and we are grateful for the support of our alumni and friends. WC Scholarships is our simple online system that will automatically match you to all WC Foundation scholarships for which you are eligible. Complete the general application to apply. Don’t have a 4.0? No problem! There are different criteria for different scholarships, including where you live, what you study, extracurriculars/community service and work ethic. Please visit WC Scholarships for more information.

WC Foundation Scholarship Application Information

Weatherford College also offers other scholarships.

Performing Scholarships

Available for art, baseball, softball, basketball, golf, tennis, cheerleading, choir, drama, jazz band, piano, room advisors, leadership, rodeo, and volleyball and require full-time enrollment.

Honor Graduate Scholarships

Valedictorian of any accredited Texas high school is eligible for a one-year scholarship at WC as long as they attend immediately following high school graduation. Salutatorian and Valedictorian graduates from accredited high schools in the counties of Parker, Hood, Jack, Palo Pinto and Wise are eligible for a scholarship covering tuition and fees (excluding parking fees) and books (on-loan) each long semester (fall, spring) for two years immediately following high school graduation. Students must be full-time.

Project Opportunity Scholarship Program

Provided by Weatherford civic leaders and others for Weatherford High School graduates who have met certain academic and personal guidelines to apply for scholarship assistance to be used at WC. Students should contact their high school counselor or the coordinator of this program at Weatherford ISD.


Waivers and Exemptions may be available to normally assist with tuition and some fees based on certain eligibility requirements, documentation will be required certifying the waiver/exemptions.

There are Exemptions and Waivers that could cover tuition, and some fees, if you qualify. For more information, contact WC Financial Aid Office. You can also see information atCollege for All Texans.

Appropriate forms can be scanned as a PDF and emailed to Financial Aid or faxed to 817-598-6206. Documentation must be received by the official census day of the term requested, otherwise, the exemption may not be honored. Most exemptions must meet SAP. Many exemptions will need a Statement of Selective Service signed and returned to WC Financial Aid Office before they can pay. This form can be found in .

Read More About Waivers & Exemptions

Adoption or Foster Care Exemption

Need a form from Texas Department of Family & Protective Services to cover tuition/fees.

Blind or Deaf Exemption

Need a form from Texas Department of Family & Protective Services to cover tuition/fees.

Child or Spouse of Deceased Public Servant Exemption

Need to provide statement from agency of public service to cover tuition/fees, books, and housing.

Firefighter Exemption

Need letter of good standing from fire department signed by WC Public Safety Professions Department (Fire) to cover tuition/fees, no parking fee.

Hazlewood Exemption

To cover tuition/fees; contact our Veterans Office

Peace Officer Exemption

Need letter of good standing verifying eligibility signed by WC Public Safety Professions Department (Law Enforcement) to cover tuition/fees for Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice classes only.

Nurse Preceptor and Children Exemption

Need application request and signed contract of preceptor agreement to cover up to $500 in tuition.

College for All Texans

Senior Citizen Exemption

Need copy of valid Texas Driver’s License or ID card to verify minimum age of 65; can be for credit classes up to 6 hours tuition only or for audit classes tuition/fees.

Valedictorian Exemption

Need document or letter stating first place honor from Texas high school to cover tuition; if you graduated high school from one of the WC service area counties (Parker, Wise, Palo Pinto, Hood, or Jack), this could cover tuition/fees for 2 years (fall and spring) immediately following high school graduation plus books loaned.

Employee Exemption

Must have signed Tuition Exemption Request; contact the Financial Aid Office if form is needed


Loans can be used to assist with educational expenses and must be repaid. Weatherford College participates in the . . .

William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (DL)

Everything I need to know about my Student loan . . .

Take Action
  • Beadmittedto Weatherford College.
  • Fill out theFAFSA– All students interested in the Federal Direct Loan and/or PLUS Loan programs must complete a FAFSA and provide any requested verification documents.
  • Student Loans are awarded as part of an aid package. You can go to Coyote Connect and:
    1. Accept the entire amount.
    2.Accept a partial amount.
    3.Declinethe entire amount.
  • Complete theEntrance Loan Counseling(20-30 min.) – understand your responsibilities and obligations in assuming a student loan.
  • Sign theMaster Promissory Note– a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the US Department of Education.
  • Parent PLUS Loanparents fill out the WC PLUS Loan Application(click on the appropriate year).
  • Enroll in at least six class hoursat Weatherford College during the time of every loan disbursem*nt.
  • Meet WC Financial AidSatisfactory Academic Progress Requirements (SAP).
  • Meet allFAFSA eligibility requirements.
  • When you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment complete theExit Loan Counseling– preparation for repayment

To figure out how much money you may need to borrow, look at Weatherford College’s cost,your cost of living, your family’s cost of living,your family’s contribution and your financial aidaward.You do not have to accept the entire amount of a loan you are offered.

Select:www.studentloans.gov /https://studentaid.gov/
Pick undergraduate student. Log on using your FSA I.D. / Weatherford College I.D.#003664.

Getting the Money
  • Student Loans are awarded as part of an aid package that you can see in your Coyote Connect. You can:
    1. Accept the entire amount.
    2. Accept a partial amount.
    3. Decline the entire amount.
  • You have the right to cancel a loan within 14 days of the federal electronic fund transfer into WC accounts. A notice will be mailed/emailed to you upon transfer of funds.
  • Funds will be used to pay all WC charges; any remaining charges after aid funds have been depleted are the responsibility of the student.
  • Remaining credit owed to the student will be direct deposited into your designated bank account or distributed by paper check.
  • Refer to theRefund Schedulefor refund dates.

Federal Direct Loan Annual limits

Need to make a change after you accepted or declined your loan?
Direct Loan Revision Request Form

NATIONAL STUDENT LOAN DATA SYSTEM has information on your disbursed loans, such as payments, lender name and contact, when loans were disbursed and by what school, etc.


In October 2023 the Federal Student Loan payments that were paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic will resume and your federal student loan payments become due. The interest on your formerly paused payments resumed on September 1, 2023.

You will be notified by your servicer of your payment due date and the amount due at least 21 days before the payment is due.

In case your servicer has changed during the pandemic pause, find out your Servicer information by logging in to StudentAid.GOV and visit the "My Loan Servicers" section under your “Dashboard”.

OR you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 1-800-433-3243.

When you confirm your servicer information, go to their website and create an online account with them. Make sure your contact information is updated so you don't miss important notifications. You will need to do this for each of your servicers if you have more than one.

You can expect that your due date and monthly payment will be close to or the same as it was before the pandemic pause. If you sign up for automatic payments, your interest rate can be reduced. Now is the time to set up autopay, even if you were signed up for autopay before the pandemic pause you will need to re-enroll in that service.


If you look at your budget circ*mstances and it doesn't look like you are going to be able to afford your student loan payments, look into the options available to change your payment plan.

The STANDARD repayment plan period is for 10 years, but there are other plans available such as:

  • Graduated Repayment Plan
  • Extended Repayment Plan
  • Saving on a Valuable Education Plan (SAVE)
  • Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan (PAYE)
  • Income-Based Repayment Plan (IBR)
  • Income-Contingent Repayment Plan (ICR)
  • Income-Sensitive Repayment Plan

You can use the loan simulator at studentaid.gov to find a federal repayment plan that best fits your financial situation. If you want to make changes to your current plan contact your Servicer to understand your options and eligibility.


If you have many loans, particularly if you have several servicers, or several federal student loan payments, you can Consolidate your federal student loans through a Direct Consolidation Loan at the Studentaid.gov website.

Just remember that this can extend your repayment time, which can make for lower payments, but makes the loan cost more in the long run due to paying more interest.

If you have PRIVATE, CREDIT-BASED, ALTERNATIVE loans as well as Federal Direct Student loans, you can NOT roll your private loans into a Federal Direct Consolidation Loan. Although some Private lenders will allow you to roll your Direct loans into a consolidation loan, BEWARE:

Consolidating private loans will result in losing the flexible repayment options and benefits associated with the Direct Consolidation Loan.

If you just cannot afford to pay your student loans CONTACT YOUR SERVICER IMMEDIATELY!!

They are not here to punish you or come after you. They are here to help you based on your circ*mstances to provide options to avoid delinquency and default on your student loans. Let them help you. Ask about programs for forgiveness, deferment, and forbearance. TheWORST thing you can do is ignore the student loan debt. It does NOT go away if ignored.

A student loan default can ruin your credit, impacting your future ability to buy a car or a home, and in some cases get the job of your dreams. So, get to know your servicer and let them get to know you. They can and will do all they can to help you with repayment options!

Student Loan Code of Conduct

The following code of conduct has been developed, published and administered by Weatherford College as a part of the Higher Education Opportunity Act signed on August 14, 2008. Weatherford College will enforce this code of conduct for all of its officers, employees and agents of the institution.

Weatherford College (WC) has voluntarily opted to use the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (aka Direct Loans) effective with the 2009-2010 academic year and does not certify nor endorse any private loan program. This decision was made primarily because Weatherford College is currently losing lenders who refuse to assist Community College students in general, or Weatherford College students in particular with obtaining a FFELP loan. However, WC does not have any revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender. Weatherford College did not promote or endorse any specific lender to its FFELP borrowers. Weatherford College did provide a sample list of lenders that participate in the FFELP program prior to the change in loan programs. Of the lenders that appeared on the sample list, Weatherford College did not recommend or attempt to influence the student's right to choose their own lender. No lender on the sample list paid fees or provided material benefit through revenue or profit-sharing to the institution or its officers, employees or agents.

Officers, employees or agents of Weatherford College do not receive gifts from lenders, guaranty agencies or loan servicers, on the sample list or not. This includes gratuities, favors, discounts, entertainment, hospitality, loans, or any item that is above $10.00 in value. Weatherford College did allow all lenders, servicers and guarantors of FFELP loans to provide students with information through brochures regarding services, default aversion, financial literacy and procedural flyers pertaining to the completion of the loan process. If Weatherford College officers, employees or agents are involved in training regarding improvement of loan services or other professional development, Weatherford College will accept food, training and informational material from the applicable lender, servicer or guarantor. Weatherford College officers, employees or agents who obtained a FFELP loan were not given loan terms more favorable than all FFELP borrowers at Weatherford College. Weatherford College conducts its own entrance and exit counseling sessions, and does not accept the assistance of any lender, servicer or guaranty agency with those sessions.

No officer, employee or agent of Weatherford College accepts fee or other payment from any lender, servicer or guaranty agency for compensation as a consultant or contracted agent that engages in the promotion of services or on behalf of a lender relating to educational loans.

Weatherford College did not assign a lender to any FFELP borrower. Weatherford College did not automatically package FFELP loans and will not automatically package Direct Loans. Weatherford College did not delay the certification of, or refuse to certify a FFELP loan based on the borrower's choice of lender, servicer or guarantor.

Weatherford College does not promote the use of private loans. Weatherford College does not carry material promoting the use of private education loans and does not receive any funding from, or participate in opportunity pool loans or any other type of promise or concession agreement with any lender offering private educational loans.

Weatherford College does not request or accept offers of assistance for staffing purposes from lenders. At this time, no Weatherford College officer, employee or agent serves onthe advisory board, commission or group established by a lender or guarantor. If, in the future, a member of Weatherford College agrees to serve on such a board or like group, the employee, agent or officer of Weatherford College will not accept anything of value from the lender, guarantor or group, except for reimbursem*nt of reasonable expenses incurred by the employee for serving on the board.

A student may be eligible to enter into a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement between another institution and Weatherford College for the purpose of providing federal financial assistance to the student. Students must be dual enrolled in both institutions.

Weatherford College participates in Consortium Agreements with Tarleton State University and Midwestern State University.

For Tarleton State University:


Steps to Participate in Tarleton State University’s Financial Aid Consortium Program

  1. Pick up a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement Certification Form at the Registrar’s office or the Financial Aid Office at Tarleton State University or print one of the forms.
  2. Complete the top portion of the Certification Home Institution portion of page one and sign the middle of page two.
  3. Bring your schedule form the community college to your Tarleton State University academic advisor to ensure the courses will count towards your degree. Upon agreement, the advisor will sign the form.
  4. Take the form to the Financial Aid Office of the Host Institution(community college)and have them complete the Certification Host Institution box on page two.
  5. Take the form to the Registrar's Office of the Host Institution(community college)and have them complete the bottom portion on page two. Tarleton State UniversityMUSTbe notified within two business days if there is a change in enrollment status(i.e. drop/add courses, withdrawal, etc.)
  6. The final step is to return the completed form along with the community college's schedule to the Registrar's Office for processing. Incomplete formsWILL NOTbe accepted. You will receive a confirmation email at your go.tarleton.edu email account once your agreement has been processed or if additional information is required. Any incomplete consortium agreements will be held for 10 days then will be marked as not processed.
  7. You must request that anOFFICIALtranscript to be sent to Tarleton State University immediately upon completion of the courses at the community college. A hold will be placed on your record until this transcript is received.

This process must be completedEACHsemester.INCOMPLETEforms will not be accepted. Consortiums will only be processed for the Fall and Spring semesters. Consortiums cannot be used in the Summer Terms.

Please contact the Registrar’s Office or Financial Aid Office at Tarleton State University, if you have any questions about this program.

~Back to Top

For Midwestern State University, please contact:


Steps for securing your Consortium Agreement with MSU

A student who wishes to have a consortium completed must print and complete the 'Consortium Agreement' form in accordance with the following (NOTE: Incomplete forms will not be accepted):

  1. Complete your student informationANDindicate the number of hours for which you will be enrolled at each institution AND indicate the Host institution you will be attending. Also, indicate the enrollment period for which you are requesting the consortium;CHECK ONLY ONE ENROLLMENT PERIODas you must complete a separate consortium form forEACHenrollment period for which you are requesting the consortium.
  2. List the course(s) for which you will enroll at the Host institution. Visit with your MSU academic advisor to ensure the course(s) will apply towards your MSU degree.NOTE: Read this important information regarding Repeating Coursework.
  3. Upon agreement, your MSU academic advisor must complete/sign the consortium form to confirm the course(s) will apply towards your MSU degree.
  4. Complete your student information. Then,YOU(the student)must submit the form (Steps 1-4) to the Host institution’s Financial Aid Office to complete/certify the Consortium Agreement.

The Host institutionMUSTreturn the completed form (Steps 1-4) to the MSU Financial Aid Office. You, the student, may not deliver the completed form to the MSU Financial Aid Office as the formMUSTbe submitted via the Host institution's Financial Aid Office.

Remember to allow 2-3 weeks for the consortium request to be processed by the MSU Financial Aid Office upon receipt of the completed certification from the Host institution.

For any questions about the program, contact MSU Financial Aid Office 940-397-4214.

Paying For WC

  • Tuition and Fees
  • What is Financial Aid
  • Scholarship Opportunities
  • How to Apply for Financial Aid
  • Veterans

Financial Aid Office


Financial Aid Quick Links

  • FAQs
  • Forms and Documents
  • CARES Act
  • Institutional Information

    Copyright © Weatherford College 2021

    What is Financial Aid (2024)


    Top Articles
    Latest Posts
    Article information

    Author: Catherine Tremblay

    Last Updated:

    Views: 5824

    Rating: 4.7 / 5 (67 voted)

    Reviews: 82% of readers found this page helpful

    Author information

    Name: Catherine Tremblay

    Birthday: 1999-09-23

    Address: Suite 461 73643 Sherril Loaf, Dickinsonland, AZ 47941-2379

    Phone: +2678139151039

    Job: International Administration Supervisor

    Hobby: Dowsing, Snowboarding, Rowing, Beekeeping, Calligraphy, Shooting, Air sports

    Introduction: My name is Catherine Tremblay, I am a precious, perfect, tasty, enthusiastic, inexpensive, vast, kind person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.